Monday, May 23, 2005

Blacklight Ball (Updated)

This is a bit late, but I just uploaded some photos from last weekend. I dropped by the 2005 San Francisco Blacklight Ball with some friends, mainly to see my buddy Osbo the Magnificent perform some glow-in-the-dark magic. I didn't really know what to expect except darkness and lights, and I was surprised to the good effect that the Black Lights were put too. There are people in San Francisco who are almost criminally creative with neon/fluorescent paint and dye. Good use was also made of neon lights, phosphorescent glow sticks, reflectors, fiber optics, and a thumping dance floor. At one point my sandal split open, but luckily my friend Scott is a professional expert at the use of duct tapes in emergencies. (I'm not being facetious, by the way, he actually is.) Some samples from my Flickr Photostream:

camaeradump202copy
I rather liked the view from the mezanine.

camaeradump196copy
I wish I brought a tripod, but the blur was cool in itself.

camaeradump209copy
Man with a fiber optic wig.

camaeradump217copy

Justyn Zolli painted this thunderbolt on my arm and was very gracious after we sort of attacked his supplies, letting Nori finish her opus before working on the rest of us.

camaeradump200copy
There were DJs.

Updated:

black_light_scott>

Scott McCormick, frequent wielder of duct tape and occasional shoe-fixer, models the fluorescent properities of Nori Heikkinen's face painting job and his own design for the new Aikido Institute t-shirt.