Thursday, February 03, 2005

What Are They Going To Be Selling In Iraqi Flea Markets Five Years From Now?

So apparently in Bosnia, about ten years ago, they were selling hand grenades in flea markets to German tourists. Well, to one particularly dumb tourist. I guess they had to do what they could to revitalize their economy and get rid of the excessive arms build up, and I can think of worse people to sell a hand-grenade to, but still.

Note to self: if someone shows me a hand grenade they bought in a former war zone, I will pretend I think it's real even if I don't actually think it's real. I will not, in any way, incite him to demonstrate its veracity to me.

Considering he's not the sharpest tack in the box, and considering the ready supply of beer in Frankfurt, it's amazing it took ten years for him to get drunk enough to use the thing. Luckily, it appears that no one was hurt.