Tuesday, November 16, 2004

They're Moving . . .

Ruchira pointed out to me that some Libertarians and Christian Conservatives are willing to move en masse to a particular state to further their political goals. The former are moving to New Hampshire, and the latter are moving to South Carolina. I'd heard of the Libertarian Free State project, but the Christian Exodus to South Carolina is news to me--and intense: If you are tired of government-endorsed sin, then stand up and be counted!
I'd suggest that liberals do the same but I can't honestly think of a red state whose ecology and climate I'd prefer to California. I wouldn't trade in my view of the bay for most blue states. Well, Colorado's dry climate didn't agree with me, personally, but it's quite pretty. Virginia was also very pretty. Iowa's got lots of writers. Any other suggestions?