Tuesday, August 30, 2005

Neology

Yesterday Matt at Snarkmarket coined a new word: lipocrite. In neology solidarity I suggest you use it liberally. It shouldn't be hard--I'm sure we all have a not alittle bit of liopocrisy in our day. It got me thinking about what kind of neology is going on these days, and I did a quick Technocrati search. Its mostly course stuff: the disdainful epithet peckermullet, whose etymology I'd rather not consider, the descriptor douche hatcheries; the usage of greenlighting which caused my friend Cyrus so much trouble. The peckermullet people pointed out that Wikipedia doesn't seem to like neology. I did, however, stumble on a whole new snark-blog--Snarkhunting, the naming and branding blog. Good stuff, but sadly lonely. Hopefully some neoblogging will soon raise the quality and quantity of blogspheric neology.