Monday, August 15, 2005

Danger Danger

Oh what was I thinking?! I should have known there was a good reason I had never heard of the JASONs before! After my last post about the role of big oil and the industrial military complex in lowering undergraduate GPAs, the hulabaloo of consequences forced me to take some pretty drastic actions.

I'm pretty patriotic, so my first instinct in flight was to simply go underground. The cobwebs on the door gave me pause:

seattleunderground2

But you cannot be squeamish so in I went. It was dark downt there. And surprisingly crowded.

seattleunderground

The hiding fugitive can often survive cold, hunger, and cockroaches, but inner emotional storms will coax them back out into the dangerous open. So it was with me. I could not resist the opportunity for a moment of emotional solidarity with Lee Carter, a fallen colleague, pausing at the scene of her downfall--the assassination site of Senator Charles Carroll. Well, if you had to pick a place to get assassinated you could do worse than this view:

spaceneedlesunset

I realized my mistaken when I saw the sophisticated surveillance technology at the site:

surveillancetechnology

and fled for the border:

border

but somehow, I still wound up at Langley!

langleysign2

Time to give in, I guess, and let them interrogate me. After all, it's all just a game.


Yes, I realize there are some very interesting and serious issues regarding JASON, oil research, the suppression of information, assassinations, and harrassment of the press. More seriousness later.