Sunday, October 31, 2004

JesusPolitics Asks A Question

Carlos of JesusPolitics wants to collect comments answering the following question:
(Please click Permalink/Full Post)
Who are you going to vote for and why do you believe your candidate best represents in his policies the life and message of Jesus?

I can't really answer this question as such, because the life and message of Jesus have very little direct relevance to my political consideration, or any real considerations. I don't religiously believe in Jesus, but I respect what I have understood to be his general message of kindness, compassion, integrity and truthfulness. To the extent that those ideals inform my politics, I am voting for Kerry. (In general, though the chances of this ever being a real issue are quantum mechanically small, I would hope to vote uninfluenced by the candidate having the same religious affiliation as myself--"It is not relevant," as JFK said.)

Carlos has asked me to pass the question on, however, so if you feel that you have a more relevant answer, please leave it on his comments page.