Tuesday, October 26, 2004

Eminem's Mosh

If you haven't already seen it, I suggest you take a look at Eminem's Mosh from the Guerrilla News Network. I'm pretty ignorant about rap, but unlike most such people, I do like the genre, and hold the format separate from most of the disparaged content. I'm not familiar with the work that made Eminem famous and controversial, and I found reports of homophobia and misogyny distasteful. But I did like the mix with Aerosmith's Sing that was on the radio last summer. I like this video for the same reasons--good rap rhymes, an intense vocal energy, and just the right amount of melodies and bits mixed in. The conclusion:

As we set aside our differences
And assemble our own army
To disarm this Weapon of Mass Destruction
That we call our President, for the present
And Mosh for the future of our next generation
To speak and be heard
Mr. President, Mr. Senator
Do you guy's hear us...hear us..


So yeah. You heard the man. Vote.