Wednesday, February 08, 2006

Memes Four and Five

While I was gone Kevin Powell tagged me with a meme, and yesterday Cyrus Farivar got me again. Time to get out of arrears.

First the Meme of Four, from Cyrus:
Four jobs I’ve had:
Way to start with the hard stuff.

Tutor
Grader
Fact-checker
Research Assistant.

Four movies I can watch over and over:

Brother Sun and Sister Moon (Italy/UK 1972)
Superman I & II (UK, 1978 & 1980)
Billy Elliott (UK, 2000)
Sita Swayamvar (India, 1976)

Four Places I’ve Lived:

Denver, CO
Laguna Beach, CA
Manhattan, NY
Pasadena, CA

Four TV Shows I Love:

The Daily Show
Sesame Street
The Muppet Show
NOVA

Four Places I’ve Vacationed:

Vancouver, BC
Ashland, OR
Zurich, Switzerland
Tokyo, Japan

Four of my favorite dishes:

Paysh, otherwise known as Kheer, otherwise known as Indian rice pudding.
Begun Bhaja, or deep fried eggplant, with Luchi, or deepfried flat bread. (Mmm. Ghee. Mmm.)
Crazy-Mixed-Up-Chocolate Cake with Fresh Whipped Cream for Icing
Gazpacho with a lot of lime juice.

Four sites I visit daily

Slate
news.google.com
Washington Post
My Haloscan Comments Page. (Cuz I love you guys so much. . . :-) )

Four places I would rather be right now:
Actually, right now I am really freakin' happy to be sitting on my bed. But that aside--

Mt. Diablo
Kamakura, Japan
Pt. Reyes
Ashland

Four bloggers I am tagging:
Robert Stribley
Renee
ToastyKen
Badmash

And from Kevin, Meme Five:

Five weird things about myself--everything? Uh, no, seriously, it's hard to know what's weird and what's normal. But here goes--

1) I like to cover my face when I go to sleep, and apparently have done so since I was old enough to grab the covers.
2) I refer to cottage cheese, tomatillo salsa, and toaster hash browns as the breakfast of champions.
3) Once every few years I embroider something.
4) I really like to suck on the stems of Oxalis, and they generally make me happy when I see them.
5) I'm inexplicably fond of the song "When Johnny Comes Marching Home Again," and used to play it on the piano an awful lot. I think I like the hurrah bits and the rhythm.

And for this I tag Cyrus, Atanu Dey, Robin Sloan and Matt Thompson (each), and Saurabh. I figure this one is so freestyle, it can turn into just about anything.