Wednesday, September 22, 2004

Metablogging: Blogroll and Other Notes

Another short disappearance, due to travelling and spotty internet access. Some of you might have seen that I was using what internet access I had to finally redo the blogroll and work on some design issues. Since I am basically teaching myself CSS hacking into Blogger's preset templates for now (and I am using one of the older, less elegant templates) things are going to be a little dusty around here for a while. Please let me know if you spot any aggregious errors in loading, lay out, or linking. (Saheli [at] gmail [dot] com).

There are definitely still some blogs missing from the blogroll (list of blogs to your right), but I hope you'll take a look at some of the ones I've managed to add on. Pulling a few out at random:

  • The Bellman is a group blog that often features some very substantial policy discussions--and sometimes goofy bits, like this note on "Gandalf", a former rocket scientist who apparently sounded the alarm on Denial of Service Attacks.
  • Cyrus Farivar is currently doing his yearlong stint at Columbia Journalism, sort of taking up where I left off. He notes that Yusuf Islam, formerly known as Cat Stevens, was detained after his flight from London to DC was diverted to Maine.
  • JesusPolitics is an admirably comprehensive source of links and commentary on the use of Jesus in politics, highlighting all-too-little publicized ways in which some Christians interpret their faith to be progressive. JP quotes from a profile of the Christian director of Land of Plenty.
  • Phillip Carter, a former Army Officer, recent law graduate, and prolific freelancer, runs Intel-Dump, which is by far my favorite website on national security. He explains things well, maintains a nice measured tone, and always has substantial, serious content. For example, he recently pointed out a fascinating article by Brookings Institute fellow Michael O'Hanlon, in the Journal of the War College, about increasing the size of the deployable Army.


I hope to make notes on the blogroll a more regular occurrence.