Tuesday, November 01, 2005

Happy Halloween!

So tonight I stayed at home and treated the little children who came by, and it was quite delightful. There's something magical about having a talkative 4 year old Snow White come over and articulate exactly why her neighbor friend's costume is so scary when you recall her first trick or treat as a babe-in-arms. Part of me regretted not venturing into the Castro tonight, but after hearing that one friend lost her super duper expensive camera in the mob, I feel less regretful. I went for a much mellower Castro stroll on Saturday night, and got a few impressionistic shots. Here's the flickr album. Here's my own costume, which is part of a set. It's very conceptual. Imagine me being much taller, more masculine, more plush, with less black and more golden stripes, and my friend Scott being shorter and blonder. Look at my hands and imagine claws. We are, clearly, headed towards the Yukon.



This was Scott's idea but anyone who shared my freshman or sophomore year with me will not be surprised to learn that I jumped at the idea. This, by the way, is a huge shoutout to all my friends from the first two physics classes at Berkeley, Physics 7a& 7b--balcony crew, fignewton, Society of Mad Hatters at Cal, kids in the front who originally hated us but later partied with us, Helene, Jason, Hana, Mia, and of course Bruce Birkett, all of you--wherever you are, and whenever you may find this, here's to many happy chuckles shared in LeConte and a lifetime of exploring. Go Bears!