Thursday, January 13, 2005

Ipod 1

For some reason I never got into the idea of Ipods. I mean, besides the fact that I would feel mildly ludicrous for spending that kind of dough on an MP3 player when I still haven't actually converted even 10% of my music collection to MP3s, and the fact I probably don't even own 40 gigs worth of music, the Ipod is just not really a toy I could lust after even in the extreme abstract. This despite friends relentlessly pushing it, and my favorite blogger Neil Gaiman's constant mentions. There was just something that bugged me about them. Something about the styling. The marketing. The shape. Something. . .something.

Maybe I was psychic, and knew it would be one more thing to have to have in common with the Shrub. I have to say, if his playlist looks anything like Wonkette thinks it does, he's both smarter and more evil than people think he is.

Hattip: Robert Stribley.