Wednesday, June 30, 2004

A Thread of Links

A great interview with Ronald Reagan Jr., in the New York Times, courtesy of Stribley. I particularly appreciated this exchange:


But you and Patti were constantly getting into trouble. Didn't she later pose nude for Playboy?

I never really talked to Patti about it. She said that she had done it, and what do you say to your sister who poses in the nude? It's not like you are really itching to see photographs of your sister naked. I mean, it's just something that is not too exciting.


The bit Stribley quoted, "If you are going to call yourself a Christian -- and I don't -- then you have to ask yourself a fundamental question, and that is: Whom would Jesus torture?" reminded me to give another plug to JesusPolitics, a blog that's a constant source of good links on the topic of Christianity and politics in this country. Reagan Jr.'s carefully wrought words about Dick Cheney reminded of something I read earlier in the evening: apparently the Veep got booed at a Yankees game. It was possibly first reported by some blogs; better than milk-soppy coverage from ESPN.