Wednesday, August 02, 2006

Awesome! My Superhero Diagnosis! And Other News!

Your results:
You are Wonder Woman
























Wonder Woman
90%
Spider-Man
80%
Superman
80%
Supergirl
70%
Robin
60%
Green Lantern
60%
Batman
55%
The Flash
50%
Hulk
50%
Catwoman
45%
Iron Man
35%
You are a beautiful princess
with great strength of character.


Click here to take the "Which Superhero are you?" quiz...



Aw shucks. I was barely hoping for Catwoman, but I guess I'm not quite villainous enough. The description here seems calculated to appeal to 9-year olds. The kind whose fallback Halloween costume was frequently "magical princess." Though that was usually because I could never remember to ask for blood and teeth for a vampire.

From Kevin "Iron Man" Powell.

In other super hero news: On Saturday I was presented with a can of Muscles in Heavy Syrup (to be consumed, along with the can, when needing super strength) from the Brooklyn Superhero Store. I've decided to save it for emergencies. But when the emergencies come--I'll be ready!

Yesterday I was delighted to be given a just-because gift of "Superman, the Dailies: 1939-1942" from a friend who's also a reporter and who remarked on how much more central Clark Kent and Lois Lane's journalistic careers are to the plots. Superman's also a bit of a of a jerk, and not in the wackily insane ways carefully preserved on Superdickery.com, but in a more realistic and therefore scary way---he intimidates criminals into talking with little cause (though of course he's always right), and frequently arranges matters to make sure Clark Kent gets a scoop, even if that's slightly suboptimal morally. Nevertheless, the comics are still thoroughly delightful, especially the simple art. I've carefully loaned it to the art director for the day so that I actually get some work done.

Scott just showed me this interesting site, girl-wonder.org. Filed away for future investigation!