Monday, May 01, 2006

Day Without Immigrants

I've been known to gripe about the efficacy of modern protests, but I have to say that the recent wave of demonstrations and gatherings protesting the surge in harsh policies and politics regarding immigration has really made me think about the issue. I'm very impressed with the fact that on a Monday, Market street here in San Francisco is filled with a sea of white shirted marchers pounding west and shouting loud. I'm not nearly as liberal about immigration as many of my friends (and readers) are, and I may not agree with many of the marchers on what our policies should be, but I do feel that we, the machine, need to be reminded that we, the people, can gunk up our machine-gears , and we cannot afford to cannibalize ourselves for mere political expediency.

Telstar Logistics, who works in my office, has just flickrd pictures of the march here.