Wednesday, August 25, 2004

Of Cleaver Writers and Valid Victorians

This is a very belated blog entry, but for some timeless laughs, check out my friend David Goldweber's recent article in the East Bay Express. Well, it's his article, but he didn't exactly write it. An English professor for several years, Dave has been compiling his students' "gaffes and foibles", and he presents them in several cunning categories. Some of my favorites:

"I plan to recruit a Tudor to help me with my writing."

"Richard Wright's hatred towards his father is unbelievable and unexplainable but understandable."

"Richard Wright was the valid Victorian of his class."

"Saddam Hussein is a treat to our nation."

"The old ladies were staring into space like robots on a secret mission."

and

"As FDR said, we have nothing to fear but ourselves."

Enjoy!