Sunday, September 21, 2003

This is my first attempt at using Blogger. I just got off the subway, achy and smiley from having a book signed (again) by my favorite Blogger, Mr. Neil Gaiman. He was, today as yesterday, as charming and amusing as you'd think he'd be. I told him I wanted to be a writer too, and he told me best of luck, and I'll take that as about as luck inducing an encounter with fame as a writer can hope for.
Oddly, I'm starting this blog on the day that I have no computer. It coughed and sputtered and claimed to have no operating system today. I blame Henrietta at Belkin, who I'm sure is not actually named that, for insisting that I hotswap the Belkin card. I am very sad without my computer. I have been pondering freedom of the press and the duty of the journalist and civil disobedience and the importance of choice in heroism. I would also like to write stories, and I wish that there were more hours in the day and active cells in my brain. I also wish I had a working computer all my own, warm and waiting for me at home.